Concord Residents, do you have additional junk that needs to be disposed of? Missed dumpster day this year?
Good news from the City of Concord:
In partnership with Mt. Diablo Resource Recovery (MDRR) and the Toyota Pavilion at Concord, the City is holding its annual cleanup on the first Saturday in November, Nov. 4. The event will be held at the Pavilion and open to all Concord residents.
There will be one drop-off per household. New for this year will be mattress recycling. To avoid long wait times, Concord residents can pre-register and select a timeslot. Residents who do not pre- register will need to show proof of residency upon arrival. No Concord resident will be turned away. A notice to residents will be sent in the October bill insert and signups will open Monday, Oct. 16.
The Toyota Pavilion at Concord is an ideal location as it allows for quick and easy transport of full bins to the MDRR transfer station and delivery of empty bins at the Pavilion. The Pavilion also allows for clear entry/exit and sufficient space for heavy equipment and debris bins.Per Councilmember Edi Birsan’s latest email
The only downside to this event is that you have to find a way to transport your trash across town to the Toyota Pavilion at Concord.
Seller Home Preparation
Decluttering and cleaning your home before selling it is one of the best things you can do to increase your chances of a quick and successful sale. Here are a few reasons why:
- Buyers are more likely to make an offer on a home that is clean and clutter-free. A study by the National Association of Realtors found that 92% of buyers said that a home’s cleanliness was important to their decision-making process. ConsumerReports estimated that decluttered homes could be listed for an average of 3%-5% more than cluttered homes.
- A clean and decluttered home is easier to stage. When buyers walk into a home that is clean and clutter-free, they can more easily imagine themselves living there. This is because staging is all about creating a space that is inviting and appealing to potential buyers. And it’s hard to do that when a home is full of stuff.
- A clean and decluttered home is easier to show. When you have a lot of stuff in your home, it can be difficult to keep it clean and organized. This can make it difficult to show your home to potential buyers on short notice. And if your home is not clean and organized, buyers may be less likely to make an offer.
If you’re thinking about selling your home, here are a few tips for decluttering and cleaning:
- Start by getting rid of anything you don’t use, need, or love. This may include old furniture, clothes, books, and other belongings. You can donate, sell, or trash these items.
- Deep clean your home from top to bottom. This includes cleaning the floors, walls, ceilings, windows, and appliances. You may also want to hire a professional cleaning service to help you get your home in tip-top shape.
- Stage your home to make it as appealing as possible to potential buyers. This may involve decluttering, rearranging furniture, and adding fresh flowers or plants.
One of the complimentary items we offer to our selling clients is a professional home cleaning service. They will come in to wash all surfaces and make the house sparkle.
If you are considering listing your home and need help on the decluttering or cleaning process, please call Peter Maclennan @ 925-385-8798.